Sunday, January 26, 2014

I think we might have a future musician on our hands (anyone surprised?)  Raven has an electronic baby piano which she loves to hit the keys on.  She also has this bucket that holds blocks that she flips over and hits like a drum.  She dances to her toys that play music or when we play something for her.  I think the funniest thing is that she got into our record collection (an off limit area might I add) and picked up the Jimi Hendrix album and kissed his face.  Though I had to take away the record, I had a smile on my face since her name is Raven Hendrix so it was quite fitting.

Having a mobile baby has been a little bit more stressful for several reasons.  First, there is just no way we can fully baby proof our living room so I have to constantly pick her up away from the off limit areas like bookshelves and the Xbox.  Secondly, in learning to hopefully walk soon, Raven has had some tumbles which has resulted in a couple minor cuts (falling on a toy) and some bruises.  I hate having to see her hurt but do my best to kiss her back to happiness.  Thirdly, I have to always make sure our bedroom and bathroom doors are closed because she can crawl quite quickly to destroy toilet paper (like a pet cat) or knock over trash cans.  Though I am pleased she is very on track with development, I do kind of miss the days of setting the baby down and that's where she stayed!

I also wanted to talk about the infamous Raven whine.  She has mastered the art of whining and I rush to check her diaper, know she's fed, etc. but she really enjoys whining sometimes for no reason and it can make me want to tear my hair out sometimes.  JD says she gets it from me, thanks dear.  She has had a few little tantrums and am not looking forward to the full blown toddler tantrums coming up in the next couple years.  This is why wine was invented, for moms with whiny babies?

PS:  Winter can LEAVE now.  I just want to take my baby on walks again!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment