Saturday, February 22, 2014

I love teaching Raven new things.  One thing I taught her is to lean in when I say "kisses!"  She hasn't learned to pucker but it makes it that much funnier when I ask for a kiss.  She also has her own shelf on our living room bookshelf full of books for her to look at.  I try to read to her as much as possible when she pulls out books, but she gets more interested in chewing the books instead.  Raven can also walk with us now holding only one of our hands but she hasn't mastered bending her knees in which I've given her the name Frankenstein when we walk with her.

Another thing I've noticed is Raven LOVES mirrors.  At first I was afraid she was being really narcissistic but supposedly babies don't recognize themselves (self awareness) until around 15 months so I think all her smiling and laughing is her thinking she's playing with another baby.  I wish I could look in the mirror and smile and laugh but instead I look at my zits or how I need my hair done or the dark circles under my eyes that make me look indefinitely tired.  I guess I could put some makeup on when I'm home with the baby, but I'm a cheapskate and try to ration my concealer and foundation.

Raven gains more personality everyday and just fascinates me.  She has likes and dislikes, is curious as hell, and demands affection which makes me feel so loved.  She has a light about her which I hope never fades.  I know she will have so much to offer this world and I'll do my best to always steer her in the direction of having the passion to help and bring joy to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment